Saturday, August 10, 2013

Travel: Perth Zoo, Australia

The Perth Zoo is a 41-acre zoo that opened in 1898 in South Perth, Western Australia. As of January 2011, it is home to 1258 animals of 164 species and includes an extensive botanical collection. - Wikipedia


If you're following me on Twitter and Instagram, you probably know that I spent my Summer 2013 in Australia with my parents and my sister and her family. They've been there for 8 years now. 

Anyway, during our second day, we went to Perth Zoo! It's my second time to go there but I still feel the thrill inside me. I really enjoy going to zoos and my love for animals is big!


The zoo is divided into several areas. One of which is the Reptile area. Of course, from the name itself, the reptiles are there including snakes, big lizards and others!

We also saw penguins inside the zoo! Oh cute little penguins but they don't want to have a decent picture with me so I'll leave you with this picture. Haha! Look at them!! There are two penguins just above the water.
Bird haven! There all sorts of birds! From the flying ones, to the swimming ones and to both! From big to small to medium sizes! Amazing how they're able to classify all! And take note: the birds are not in the cage! They are just there hanging with the people. Kind-of scary!
Resting for awhile! Me, my mom and my niece! :)


Who would miss the most famous Australian animal?? Kangaroos! There are A LOT of kangaroos in Australia. You'd just see them in streets! No joke. So of course, there are also A LOT inside the zoo! I'm lucky enough to get a close encounter with one of them! Not everybody gets the chance to have a decent photo with them because they're fond of jumping and running.


And another Australian icon: KOALA! Waah! They're so fluffy but oh so lazy!! They're so cute I want to get and hug them! They're really cute as in SUPER cute! Not exaggerating! Lucky I saw them awake and eating and moving. Koalas sleep 20 hours a day. They're only awake for a very limited time!! 
We've also got to witness an elephant having his bath! How cute! They're able to train even the elephants to follow them! :)

Tiger! Jungle-themed area where the wild animals can be seen! Hey I heard you were a wild one! ;)
Got to see a family of Orangutans also!

Oh these huge turtle-like creatures (forgot the name)! They're so cute! I have a picture with the, the first time I went here and I'm trying to look for it.

What do you call this another Australian icon? :( Huhu memory loss.

Feeling I'm in Madagascar! Hello giraffe and zebra! Why you don't want to come closer? :(

 Oh these rinnos! First time to see one!!

And lastly.. the KING of the Jungle!! Lion in its cutest sleeping position! Haha :) Who would thought that they're wild when they're so cute in person?

And lastly, went to the souvenir shoup and found these "poo" of different animals! Want one?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.