Monday, October 15, 2012

Review: San San's Makeup Brush Set

My first review about brushes is about the San San's Makeup Brush Set which includes five brushes and a handy and organized pouch for the brush set. I was on my way home one time and happened to pass by HBC at Ayala and they were on SALE! I looked at their products and indeed they're cheap! I was also curious about their products because I happen to read a lot of good reviews especially on their cosmetics and I want to try their Allue products because they're all hypoallergenic! Best for pre-teens and for those who have a very sensitive skin.


So much for my mini 'story' and presenting the San San's Makeup Brush Set which I only got for P140!


The set includes 5 brushes namely: blush brush, lip brush, blending brush, eyeshadow brush and eyebrow brush.
It also comes with this pouch so you'll not misplace any of the brushes. I like the simple feel of the pouch and it's quite unique. I often see the opening of the common brush sets at the side.
The five brushes! They all have light blue handle made out of plastic. They're light and the size is quite 'normal' which means not too short nor too long! Just right for those who're just beginning to experiment different cosmetic products.

Know more about these brushes under the cut!

The blush brush is quite normal. Feels soft but the tips are 'deformed' maybe it's because of the packaging. It does the job but it makes the blush 'powdery'. 
The lip brush has fine tips which is perfect for putting on lipsticks especially ones that are on palettes. BUT for me, it's quite long.
The blending brush feels so soft and it's my personal favorite among the five brushes in the set though the tips are also kind-of deformed. 
The eyebrow brush feels so stiff! Well, it is meant to be really 'stiffy-soft' I haven't tried this brush yet because I don't do much on my eyebrows.
And finally, the eye shadow brush. I usually use the ones included in the palette so I haven't tried this yet but it looks pretty the same with the ones included with eye shadow palettes only this one looks sturdier.

Overall, I find this brush set fit for beginners like me! Expensive brushes are not necessity if you can find good dupes for them. Learn to experiment first before buying high-end brush sets like Bobbi Brown and Mac sets because I'm sure there are good quality brushes at very affordable prices! 

Pros:
- cheap! Only costs P140 during HBC's sale.
- comes in a handy pouch
- neat presentation
- handle is very easy to handle (does this makes sense??)
- soft brushes especially the blush brush

Cons:
- the bristles come off easily
- for me, the lip brush is too long
- 5 brushes only. I think HBC should produce more brush sets with more brushes!

Will I buy again? This product is good but I might try other brushes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review dear! :) I should try this one.. I think :)


Btw, I'm a new follower! :) You are awesome, keep it up! Looking forward for your new posts. Hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :)


http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

Princessarah said...

Thank you so much!! <3 I love your blog <3

Unknown said...

What a great review! So nice and helpful too. Thanks! :)

Makeup Brush Set

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.