Thursday, August 21, 2014

0517-1814: Mt. Batulao

I hate activities that require me to use a lot of my energy. I'm a very weak person when it comes to physical activities. I grew up without playing any sports and I'm not the kind of person who loves very tiring adventures. I'm the kind of person who prefers going to zoos, museums, beaches and the like.

The first time I climbed a mountain was year 2005 in Biak Na Bato in Bulacan.. Second was year 2007 in Mt. Majayjay followed by years 2008 and 2012 both in Mt. Banahaw. All those climbs were part of school activities therefore, I have no choice but to join. It was TIRING especially in my condition that I have mild asthma.


But just last May, I was invited to climb Mt. Batulao in Batangas. I was undecided because it was an overnight activity and I know it will be very tiring.. but I gave in. Even though it will be tiring, I know I'll have lots of fun!!

BUDGET: P 1, 200 pesos for two persons

Includes:
-bus fare from Manila - Mt. Batulao
-Empi Lights =))
-hard boiled egg
-some snacks
-water
-"terminal" fee
-some cigs
-a lot of soda along the way
-fare going home


Left Manila at around 9am =)) Took a bus at taft going to Nasugbu. Travel going there was about 2 hours. When we arrived, there are a lot of mountaineers already resting at the foot of the mountain.

We started trekking and hiking.. IT IS VERY TIRING. Along the way you'll meet new friends!!
And there are also a lot sari-sari stores along the trek but the drinks are quite expensive. Some also sell souvenir t-shirts, halo-halo and snacks.

Every step is worth it. You'll be able to forget about your worries in Manila and just enjoy every view you see around.

Reached the summit point just in time to watch the sunset but we have to hurry up. We need to reach Camp 1 before it gets too dark already! We hurried going down and stopped by Camp 7 because a group of campers / hikers invited us too eat and have some drink first. After a few minutes, we continued going down to camp 1 to set-up our tent and sleep there.


Good morning to me! It is so nice waking up seeing greens everywhere! It feels so relaxing! Btw, this is my first time to sleep in a tent :)


My very trustworthy shoes I used for this hike! :) I'd never think twice if I should use this again on my next hike.

Ate breakfast and left the campsite at around 8am. Had a very long stopover on our way down just to talk about some stuff and just literally enjoy the view and savor the moment!

And when we resumed, we passed by a mountain fire :( WE stopped by the store nearby to get some rest. Again. 


I'll never forget this awesome view!! I hope this will not be the last time I'll be climbing a mountain!



Everything was definitely worth it! Thank you God for the gift of beauty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.