Friday, September 25, 2015

KERABOND Experience

My hair's wavy that's why I always opt to get my hair rebonded.. I tried having a traditional perm one time and it was hard to maintain so I went back to having straight hair :) 


History of my hair for the last 2 years:
-I had it colored (light brown)
-I had it permed (traditional perm)
-I had it colored again into lighter tone..
But then I transferred work so..
-I had it colored again (to black)
-I can't maintain curly hair anymore so I have to had it rebonded but during the process, my hair turned red
-So I have to bring it back to black again
-Then just before I go to Hongkong earlier this year, I had it colored again 😋

Imagine how dry and damaged my hair is? No wonder everyday is a bad hair day for me. I can't flaunt my crowning glory cause... It's not something to flaunt to.

Want to see?

Everyday disaster.. Right? :( So I always tie my hair so that people won't notice 😛 It emphasizes my big face though.

During our free Friday, Angela forced me to go to the salon to have our hair "fixed" and try Kerabond. We went to Contour and Wellness Salon in Silvercity, Pasig (near Tiendesitas). It was owned by her mom's friend so it's trustworthy and she always go there for her hair fix 😛 

The place is currently messy because they are moving to the Tiendesitas Mall this October 2015 already.. We understand that they are busy packing stuff to transfer, and they have a lot of things to prepare. It was my first time here so I haven't seen the real look of the salon but I heard it looks dainty. The staffs cleared though that their new salon is worth visiting as soon as it's open.

Okay, so let the Kerabond begin.. This is me with my lion (rawr!) hair before the Kerbond procedure.

Shampoo and conditioner always come first. Followed by the application of the "Kerabond".

 Waiting game.. :) 

The treatment applied to my hair smells really good! The only thing I hate about it is -- it's a little hurtful or stingy to my eyes. There are a lot of times that my eyes feel like crying already!! 😋

Next, they're going to cling wrap your hair and they're going to put this apparatus on. 

I actually have no idea what this thing is at first but I can feel that it is a steamer.  I can feel hot air coming out of it. :) Oh yeah, it also looks like a huge halo! Hahaha

After steaming, they're going to blowdry it.

Blowdry it some more.. Oh look! Dod you notice my hair color? I didn't know it was that light until now :))

And blowdry, blowdry, blowdry.. Wheew..

And more, more, more blowdry!! Until it's completely dry! Took around 90 minutes to finish because I have very thick hair!!

After blowdrying, they'll iron it.. Which is prolly another 2 hours.. 

Zzzzzz!! This is what I hate the most when having my hair rebonded or being ironed for a long time.. I'm a very impatient person.. Haha!! My butt hurts already, my phone's lowbatt and forgot to bring cord, the salon's magazines are packed away already.. What to do? :(

Just when I thought ironing is done.. One staff came over and did it all over again!! He has to start ironing everything :)) Maybe he's not that satisfied yet or maybe my hair's still dry, ugly and frizzy! Haha.. 

Finally!!! After around 5 hours, I can stand up, walk and eat already! But the best part is.. I'm going out of the salon without my lion hair anymore!! :) I just hope it lasts.. 

Hi Twinnie!! She had Kerabond too!! By the way, we can't wash our hair yet.. We have to wait for 72 hours before we can finally do so 🙈

Here's the pricelist of the salon.. Though I suggest you go there when they have transferred already.. :) 

Selfies after the treatment:

Day 1 after the treatment

Day 2: I'm afraid it might go back how it looks like before!! The hair beneath's starting to get wavy!

Weeks after-- my hair is slowly getting back to its original buhaghag look but it's still soft and manageable. I'm really trying my best not to tie it but we had our pilgrimage and it was so hot..

This was taken before I tied my hair :)

Tadaa! This was my first time tying my hair after the Kerabond Treatment. Let's see what will happen next.. :) 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Would like to know how is your hair months after your kerabond treatment? Am thinking of getting it from another salon. My hair is really buhaghag and frizzy so I hope the results would be great and that it lasts long.. TIA for any response!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.