Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: Kokuryu Summer Cake in Russet

Whenever I have weddings to attend, sagalas to join in to, school programs and any event that will require me to put make-up on WHEN I WAS A CHILD.. I always remember my mom or the make-up artist using this 'makeup' that has a big wet sponge. I can still remember it because I like the cold feeling my face gets after applying it.
I suddenly remembered what it looks like and searched for it on the internet and found out that it is Kokuryu's Summer Cakes! When I dropped by the department store of Landmark, I immediately bought one for myself!
I remember.. before it was red.. They still have the red compact summer cake but it is quite bigger so I bought this which is the smaller one.
It is round in shape (like most powder and compact looks like). It looks really smooth! So excited to use this one!
The lid is usually used as a water container. In using summer cakes, you have to dip the sponge first to water in order for the cake to stick and makes it easier to apply and blend.
So dip the sponge first then rub it on the summer cake until you get the desired amount.
Oops, I forgot.. make sure that your sponge is big enough and do not break easily. The best sponge I can suggest is the sponge of Kokuryu because it is made especially for the summer cake.
TADAAAAAAA! After applying the summer cake! It can make your face look smoother but you have to apply it really well and blend it really well. Make sure that all parts of the face and neck are covered or else it will ruin everything! Make sure to get the right shade also.
I think the shade that I got which is RUSSET is too dark for me especially when I tend to put too much. So yeah, blending and application is really important. Make sure to try each shade first before buying so you won't get wrong!

All in all, this can be your companion for everyday use. It lasts for about half a day (well, for me) and you can buy the summer cake for about a hundred (around $2.50) and the red packaging one for about a hundred and fifty pesos ($3.50). You can buy the sponge at around 60 pesos which is quite pricey but it is fine because it is really good and sturdy. Just make sure to clean it right after using it so that bacteria won't build up especially this product requires you the wet it first.

I might try the Jade shade which can blend well in all skin colors.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

.recommended for everyday use?..

Unknown said...

Meron ako nung Jade tska nung orange, I love the smooth matte finish that this foundation gives me.
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

Unknown said...

Do you know where I can buy it? I am from Digos City. Do they have a website? Thanks.

Unknown said...

San po pede mkabili neto except sa mga SM? Tsaka pwede po ba to for everyday use?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.