Monday, October 19, 2015

Review: Maybelline's Dream Satin Skin (Air-whipped Liquid Foundation)

I My very trustworthy Naturactor's running out already and it is so difficult to look for a seller who sells legit Naturactor (if you know someone, let me know!). In this case, I knew I need to look for another product that will replace (for the mean time) my Naturactor. I need to find a good foundation for my everyday wear at work plus a foundation that works best for my oily skin.


Upon researching, I've stumbled upon Cosmopolitan's list of best foundations for oily skin. One of which (and one of the cheapest among the list) is the Maybelline's Dream Satin Skin Air-whipped Liquid Foundation.

Before buying, I did some research and found out that it's perfect for oily skin and it does give you an air brushed look after applying. So yeah, maybe this is worth a try :)

It says "Air Whipped Liquid Foundation. Our unique air-soft formula provides poreless, satin-smooth looking skin. Extraordinary coverage that does not clog pores. Long-lasting and moisturizing all day."

Ohh sounds so promising!! Let's go try it on :)
It's a pump bottle which is really good so it will be less messy to use!! :) You might need a sponge to apply it.. Though some just use their hands when doing so. Just make sure your hands are clean!! :) Oh by the way, I bought the B5 shade.. This might be perfect for girls who has a fair complexion but doesn't want to look like a walking white lady. 

Here's a swatch on my hand under natural light :) Don't press the pump to hard or you might end up wasting some foundation :) For me, it's not too light nor too dark -- just right.. though honeslty, this is not my first choice.. I really would like to buy the lighter shade (B1) but they ran out of stock. No worries cause I think this shade's better!

My super bare-just-took-a-bath face. I want to see the difference it will make :)

2PM: After applying the Dream Satin!! It does make my face look smoother! It was able to hide some of my blemishes! :) It was just so "slippery" when applying because it is in liquid form so you really need to apply it evenly and carefully! :)

Let's see if it will last long especially I have oily skin..
Around 4PM: My face doesn't seem to be that oily yet.. I'm still satisfied with it and no touch up needed at the moment :) (It does look a bit oily here because of the sun's glare tho).

Around 6PM: While eating dinner.. Woohoo. I think I still have that satin-looking face though I also think my face is starting to get oily :) 

Around 7PM- Just before I wash my face.. :) No need for touch ups yet but blotting may be a good idea.. :)

Overall, I think this product is a good buy for only 499php though you really need to find the perfect shade for you. Also, don't put too much or else it might end up uneven on your face. Let it dry first before you put on your blush on or it might not blend well :) I also love that it is SPF 24 which is perfect for full-coverage everyday.

If you really have a VERY oily skin, you might want to try this product but prepare to do a powder fix every now and then :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.