Thursday, December 31, 2015

You've been good 2015! Let's get it on, 2016!

Honestly, 2015 has been a great year.

Going to places..
  • My year started with a very long weekend due to the coming of Pope here in the Philippines so we grabbed the opportunity to go to Cebu for their annual Sinulog Festival. 
  • My sister and her family also went home from Australia so we had a lot of family gatherings. One of which is we had a quick getaway to Baguio and we visited the famous La Presa where you can pick strawberries!
  • I was also able to tick of my first Disney Amusement Park experience (Disneyland and Disneysea) and it was in Japan. I was able to eat authentic ramen and cross on their famous Shibuya crossing.
  • I was also able to tick of Hong Kong.. It was my first time to go out of the country without my family! It was fulfilling because I felt a sense of independence. 
  • We had a side trip to Macau and saw the Venetian gondolas and Ruins of St. Paul.
  • During sembreak, me and my colleagues went to Ilocos which is one of my DREAM LOCAL DESTINATION. Can you imagine how happy I am to tick this off this year? Seeing the Bangui Windmills and walking through the street of Vigan feels so surreal!
  • Lastly, because of APEC week, we were able to squeeze in a trip to Banaue and Sagada. Walked through the world-famous Banaue Rice Terraces, saw the sea of clouds, hanging coffins, beautiful views and got to experience spelanking and pottery! 
On other aspects of life..
  • Was able to perform on stage with my co-teachers for the Augustinian Showdown.
  • Painted a house for Gawad Kalinga.
  • Saw huge hotair balloons on a Valentine's Day.
  • Lead the invocation in front of the whole Junior Kinder family.
  • Won 2 Cleanest Classroom Award
  • First time to try (bara-bara) driving in my entire life
  • Finally was able to visit the National Museum and saw the Spolarium
  • Gave painting and me a second chance :))
  • Tried boxing for the first time
  • Met Ruthiepie!
  • My grandmother passed away at the age of 92.
  • Let go of my first batch of CSA students.. :( But another batch came in.. and they were all blessings!!!!
2015 was indeed a great year though it is not merely pure fun. There have been struggles but I'm glad I'm still whole and is going to face 2016 alive!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design and layout by Sarah Ysabel Gonzalez // Inquire about layout making projects here.